In consortium with our local partner, ESA Consultores
, AAE is working on:
- Revision and recommendations of the national final reports on causes of deforestation and forest degradation.
- Analysis of the existing policies and plans to tackle deforestation.
- Analysis of current laws and policies related to land tenure in specific regions of the country.
- Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA) and Environmental and Social Framework (ESMF)
- A SESA for REDD+ aims to assess the potential social and environmental benefits and risks of the Policies and Measures (PAMs) included in the National REDD+ Strategy in order to develop ways to promote REDD+ benefits and avoid, or where this is impossible, minimize and manage, potential REDD+ risks. This is achieved by combining analytical and participatory elements into a comprehensive assessment of social and environmental issues, enabling conditions and stakeholders’ views and concerns regarding the Policies and Measures suggested for inclusion into the country’s National REDD+ Strategy.
- Development of a draft National Strategy on REDD+ and its Action Plan.
- Development of a Financing Strategy for the implementation of the National Strategy
- Concept note and full proposal to be presented to the Green Climate Fund (GCF).